JULY 4-7, 2018 GDYNIA


pl en

Do I have to bring an ID?

Yes, definitely! It’s important to have the documents confirming your identity due to your own safety.  Especially if you have a 4-day Fan Ticket with your name on it, an ID with photo is necessary to identify the name and surname of the ticket holder. Additionally such document will allow to verify the age of persons entitled to enter the festival area without carer ( point 5 and 11 of the Terms and Conditions of the Open’er Festival). When it comes to the children with discount ticket  or entitled to free admission to the festival area, legal carers or a parents are asked to take with them a document that will certify the child’s age.  

What other documents apart from ID documents do you accept?
If you don’t have a national ID, you can take any other valid photo ID, e.g. passport or student card.

Should I come to the festival well in advance?
We recommend you to appear to the venue with advance as over 50,000 people comes to the festival, therefore planning the last minute trip might make you miss the concert of your favourite artist.

Will there be viewing platforms for persons in wheelchairs?
Just as in previous years, special viewing platforms for persons in wheelchairs are located next to the three main stages. Please check details using the festival map or in the info points.

Are under 18s allowed to the event?
Yes. People under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult guardian (Festival Terms and Conditions, point 11). Guardians must fill in a suitable form (it can be downloaded here or filled in during ticket-to-wristband exchange). If you are under 16 years of age you cannot enter the festival area with filled in form or after filing it in by yourself.

You are welcome to purchase reduced 4-day and other tickets for children aged 3-12. Children up to 3 years old take part in the festival for free.

Can pregnant women enter the festival area?

There will be special platforms on the festival area, which apart from the persons with disabilities, can be also used by the pregnant women. Due to the nature of the event (i.a. the volume of the sound and the number of participants, especially near the stage area) we ask the future mums to think over their participation in the festival thoroughly.

Is there a taxi stop at the festival? 
No, but taxis are allowed to get to the following places near festival area: 

- from Zielona St. to Płk Dąbka/Zielona St. crossing;

- by main car entrance from Stefana Żeromskiego St. (Kosakowo) to the festival gates after issuing the entrance fee of PLN 20. To avoid paying PLN 20 you can also leave the taxi near the car park’s cash boxes and use a free festival bus running to the festival gates.

Should I come by car in case of rain?
In case of heavy rainfall, please leave your car at parking lots in the city centre and come to the festival with festival buses. The possibility to park cars on the festival parking lot during heavy rainfall is limited.

Can I exchange my ticket with camping at Gdynia Główna (Main Train Station) in Gdynia?
No. These tickets can be exchanged ONLY at the festival site - Gdynia-Kosakowo airfield and only in the ticket-to-wristband exchange point at the camping.

Should I book a place at the parking lot?
We do not conduct a booking for parking places. The number of places is limited. During heavy rainfalls the number of parking places decreases, therefore it’s better to use a festival shuttle bus.

Should every person in the camping area have a camping area ticket, or just the owners of the tents?
Everyone in the camping area must be in possession of a camping area ticket.

Can I take photos during the festival?

Yes, you can take photos, but only with an amateur digital cameras with optical zoom under 6x and with traditional amateur compact cameras. You cannot bring professional cameras, film cameras or any other equipment recording audio-video.


Which items will I not be able to bring to the festival site?

Bringing selfiesticks, tripods, drones or large umbrellas with metal or wooden parts is prohibited. Festival goers can bring a small, folding umbrella. All the items forbidden at the festival area are enlisted in the Terms and Conditions of Open’er Festival:



Can I bring my power bank to the festival area?

Yes, you can have a small power bank (that fits in one hand) with you.


Is there a deposit/lost property station at the festival?

For your convenience, there are two deposits by the entrances - from Zielona street and from Wiejska street (Kosakowo). You can leave all forbidden items in the festival area in Terms and Conditions (e.g. professional cameras, large, non-folding umbrellas, etc.)  These points also function as lost property stations. The deposit charge is PLN 10 (approx. EUR 2.5) per usage.


Is there a cloakroom at the festival?

Yes. The cloakroom is located between ALTERCAFE and Fashion Stage. It costs 5 PLN  per smaller items (handbags, jackets, etc.), 10 PLN  for larger items (rucksacks, travel bags, etc.) Charge for lost cloakroom ticket: 50 PLN. Attention! The cloakroom has limited capacity. The Promoter is not liable for any valuables left in the luggage or coats.


Can I bring my own food and drink to the festival?
No food or drinks are allowed to the festival area. You can buy meals and groceries in the catering areas and stalls at the festival.

Will the festival shuttle buses take us back after the festival day is over?

Yes, of course. Free festival shuttle buses leave every few minutes  towards Dworzec Główny (Main Railway Station) in Gdynia from the stop on Zielona street. In the way back to the Railway Station, differently than towards the festival area, all stops of all lines (apart from the first two stops on Zielona street will operate. All the stops (except for the last stop) on the route are “conditional” which means you have to press the stop button in order to get off the bus.


What facilities for the people with disabilities are applied on the Open’er Festival area?

HERE you can find the full list of facilities applied for persons with disabilities on the Open'er Festival.

Can persons for example with diabetes take necessary medicines and medical accessories with them or can they bring their own food?

Persons whose health condition requires serving special medicines, can bring the medicines necessary for them, medical accessories to serve the medicines, food and drinks, however it is required to present a medical certificate about the necessity of having the medicines with you. Please store the necessary food and drinks in ways compliant with the safety rules contained in Terms and Conditions of Open’er Festival ( drinks in cans are forbidden as well as glass bottles and  vacuum flasks). Persons with diabetes are encouraged to bringing sachets with fluid glucose available in every pharmacy.


If I purchased an electronic ticket, should I print it out ?

Yes, electronic ticket should be printed out in order to exchange it to wristband.


How will I be able to pay at Open’er?

At the festival everyone will be aple to pay with their payment cards, mobile phones with contactless technology or specially prepared payment bands using MaserCard® contactless technology.

Tickets LOST AND FOUND SHOP Newsletter
Main sponsor:
Projekt i realizacja Me & My Friends Copyright © Alter Art 2012